(Image Source: Pinterest)
“When you squeeze an orange, you’ll always get orange juice to come out. What comes out is what’s inside.” – Dr Wayne Dyer
What an amazing quote which we can use to monitor how we feel, in terms of our own emotions. If someone is full of rage and anger that’s all that is going to come out of them even if love is shown and the same applies with love, if you are feeling happy you will only give out good vibrations.
Since I came across Dr Wayne Dyer’s teachings a few years back I having been using this quote in my life on a daily basis. It’s such an easy reminder to pay attention to how I feel within my mind and to address any negative mental emotions I may be having before I express those feelings upon another human being.
Obviously if you’re feeling loving emotions that’s amazing and you most probably wouldn’t want to change that but on the flip side if you’re having the opposite feelings of hate or anger it’s not to late to change that to feel positive feelings.
So how do you change negative beliefs and emotions to positive ones?
- Seek help and find someone trustworthy to talk to about how you feel.
- Write down your feelings and express what you are going through and what you would like to do to change your situation – no matter how far fetched the solution may be or seem.
- If your friendship group is making you feel negative vibes, look to remove yourself from situations that don’t best serve you and look for a new community that you can connect with.
- Stop watching TV programs that are negative and only portray anger and violence.
- Change your diet, remove junk food like crisps and chocolate and introduce more fruits and vegetables.
- Introduce exercise into your lifestyle, if you find that difficult start off with short walks until you can build up to running or other activities.
- Prayer and mediation are methods that have been used to calm the mind, there are plenty of apps to help with this such as Calm or Headspace.
- Drink more water to help cleanse your mind and body.
- Stop being judgemental about other people and start seeing the best in them – yes this is a difficult one but also one of the most powerful exercises you can do to help change the way you view people and your environment.
- Find hobbies outside of your professional job that bring you joy and do more of makes you happy.
Be what you want to be squeezed out of you, if you want love to be squeezed out of you, then be love. Remember it’s never too late to change your life!