Here’s my top 5 beauty products that I’ve been using throughout the beautiful month of April. I have used each product almost everyday throughout the month therefore I am able to give a tried and tested opinion on each item.
1) Soap and Glory Total Drama Clean Make Up Remover – I’ve been trying to get away from using makeup wipes this month and a few beauticians have been recommending this brand to me so I thought I’d give it a go. I’m always really cautious about the products I use on my skin as I’m really sensitive to anything and everything but, this product seems to have been really good for my skin. It hasn’t made me breakout and it does a really good job of removing my makeup. It does leave a stickyish layer on the skin so once you’ve used it you would have to splash your face with water to remove any residue.
2) Oral B 3D White Luxe toothpaste – I think this is the one that Shakira Shakira is the face of. Prior to this product I was using an Aloe Vera toothpaste to clean my teeth with and it did a great job but I wanted something that would whiten my teeth a little as I’ve been drinking a fair bit of tea this month. In the past I’ve found some whitening toothpastes as gimmicks, you pay all this money and your teeth are still a nasty shade of yellow. Three days after using this one I actually started to see a difference and then when I didn’t use it for a few days I noticed my teeth weren’t looking as bright. I think it’s most effective when it’s used with an electric toothbrush rather than with a regular one.
3) Lucy Bee Coconut Oil – I absolutely love this stuff! I’ve been using coconut oil in my hair since forever as it makes my hair feel like I’ve just stepped out of a salon, all silky and shiny. I love this brand, even though it’s pricier than the one I usually get from my local Indian grocery store, this one seems like it’s cleaner if that makes sense. I use this as a hair mask, as an after shower body moisturiser, an eye makeup remover and I have a seperate pot in the kitchen for cooking with. It’s a good all rounder!
4) Lush American Cream Hair Conditioner – I’ve probably tried most shampoos on the high street but I wanted to try something different this month that wasn’t from Boots or Superdrugs. That’s when I decided to venture into Lush and found this amazing product. Firstly I love the caption on the bottle “bring all the boys to the yard” from that very well known Kelis song and secondly it smells divine, I can’t even describe how good it is and the smell lasts in your hair for a good few days! The thing I love most about this conditioner is that it left my hair tangle free and doesn’t weigh it down, leaving drying time to a minimum. Oh and you really don’t need much of this product otherwise it could leave you a bit on the greasy side, a little defo goes a long way!
5) Lush Rehab Shampoo – this is a really good product especially when your hair is feeling greasy or if you’re prone to a greasy scalp. It really does take your hair to rehab with its seaweed oils. This product doesn’t foam that much so you might feel like you need a little extra but again not much is needed.
The cute little love cup and white flower pot are both from Ikea along with my fake green plant. Ikea have some really nice things in at the moment and as usually they are great value for money.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my beauty product breakdown for the month of April!